The Regina Alpine Race Team/Snow Stars has provided hundreds of youth with the opportunity to participate in the sport of downhill skiing both at a novice introductory level and as competitive racers. The club is a family-oriented club providing training targeted at alpine skiers with all levels of experience for children from ages 5 to 18.
We are affiliated with the Regina Ski Club as a non-profit organization operated through a Board of Directors with an Executive elected from within its members. There is a relationship through the Regina Ski Club through Alpine Saskatchewan to Alpine Canada. The club believes in a strong involvement and participation by its family members to ensure that a high calibre educational and development program is available to participating youth.
Experienced instructors and coaches certified by the Canadian Ski Coaches’ Federation (CSCF) and Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance(CSIA) provide programming and skills development for the novice and racers.
Our main hill for operations is Mission Ridge located at Fort Qu’Appelle. 3 provincial festivals (under age 10) and 3 Sask Cup slalom races (age 10 and over) are scheduled each season at either Mission Ridge, Wapiti, Table Mountain or Timber Ridge. Multiple optional team events are available out of province for those interested.
Registration for 2020/2021 season to open October 21 and closes November 21
- Registration forms will be at the documents page. Limited space is available and this will be a 1st come 1st serve registration as space is limited. Age categories are determined by the age of the athlete as of Dec 31 (if an athlete changes age during a season that would move them to another age category they do not move up until the next season). For the most up to date information please join us on Facebook. Additional costs beyond the below mentioned programming:
- RART’s parent organization, the Regina Ski Club (RSC), requires all RART skiers and members of their family to hold RSC memberships. This membership ensures that each family member is insured for accidents while skiing, volunteering, or attending bus trips related to RART and RSC events.
Family memberships are $90 for four or more individuals. Three members cost $80 and two members are $70. RART requires each member of the family be listed on registration for liability protection. Additionally, only RSC members will be allowed to board buses for family RART trips.
- Sask Alpine 50/50 tickets $100: These tickets can be sold to friends and family to recover your $100. Draw for the prize is late March after the last Sask Cup race.
- $50 Jacket rental for those athletes in the 2 day & 3 day race program.
- Etransfer all registration fees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation Policy: RART is planning a full season of training for our Nancy Greene and U12 through U18 race team members. However, if rising COVID-19 cases result in RART ceasing training we will offer prorated reimbursement linked to the portion of the season lost due to government restrictions related to the pandemic.
Our licensed coaching staff introduce our youngest skiers to the fundamentals of alpine skiing and the early concepts of racing. Training days are scheduled for Sundays from either 10:00am - 2:30pm (lunch 12:00-12:30) or 10:30am - 3:00 pm (lunch 12:30-1:00). The groups for our staggered starts this season will be decided after registration is closed. Included in your start of the season fees are registration fees for all provincial festivals plus lift passes for away festivals. Also included in this cost is coaching and insurance. Not included is lift passes with Mission Ridge.
* RART works with closely with Mission Ridge ski school. For those learning to ski for the 1st time we advise you to contact Mission Ridge directly and arrange lessons. Mission Ridge has some of the best instructors in Saskatchewan for those interested in learning the sport. Those participating within the RART program will be required to ride the chair lift with coaching. Refunds will be provided to those that enrolled that cannot meet this requirement after the 1st training day.
This age group has all the training opportunities and access to festivals as those in the U6 and U8 Nancy Greene program. Additional training may be available (depending on Covid restrictions) for those interested in training up to 3 Friday evenings over a season with our race team coaching. Optional cost for this training is based on the cost of coaching plus the amount of skiers participating. Also the final Sask Cup race in March may be open to U10 skiers (depending on Covid restrictions). Since participation in this race is optional the costs are not included in the start of the season fees.
This age group has all the training opportunities and access to festivals as those aged 10 - 13. This age group also has the option to transfer to the 2 day race program and compete in the Sask Cup race series. Costs are determined based on when in the season the athlete transfers.
* Ages 12 and 13 (U14) are not permitted to compete at a festival if they have competed in a Sask Cup race.
This age group trains with our experienced race coaches on Sundays (10:00-3:00) and most Friday evenings (6:00-9:00). Staggered starts may be implemented depending for this season. Included in our registration fees are registration fees for all 4 Sask Cup races plus lift passes for away races. Ages 10 and 11 also have the opportunity to compete at the Mission Ridge festival in addition to the Sask Cup races. Additional coaching fees will apply for training weekends scheduled away from Mission Ridge.
This age group has all the training and race opportunities as Junior Race. Only those aged 10 or 11 can compete at the Mission Ridge festival. In addition, as the calendar permits, additional training will be scheduled on Thursday evenings. Additional coaching fees will apply for training weekends scheduled away from Mission Ridge.
Ryan Spriggs - email@example.com
Kurtis Greenman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Devin Wallin - email@example.com
Michelle Ritter - firstname.lastname@example.org